For the last Begilufin broadcast of 2021, your exhausted hosts Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott close their heavy eyelids and deliver sixty minutes of songs about SLEEP and songs about DREAMS. In the twilight world of dreams normality is suspended, the perfect excuse to make music that makes nonsense.
Put your ears to sleep and wake up your mind!
- Randy Newman - Last Night I Had a Dream
- Bango - Rock Dream
- The Bikinis - Fatima The Dreamer
- Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- The Incredible String Band - No Sleep Blues
- King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - Paper Mâché Dream Balloon
- Manfred Krug - Nacht, ich träume düster
- Mirtha Y Raúl - El Sueño De Andria
- Cosmos Factory - Daydream
- Victoria Hanna - Ani Yeshena (I Sleep)
- The Creation - Nightmares
- Jennifer Gentle - I Do Dream You
- The Dragons - Sandman
- King Khan and the Shrines - Of Madness I Dream
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio