Live tonite on your RADIO!
Phew! It’s the Begilufin SUMMER SUNSHINE special!
Tonight your sweaty hosts Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott fan you into submission with 60 minutes of hot’n’ hazy tunes themed around the world of summer. Holidays, heatwaves, hay-fever and heat - hallelujah! A selection of melting melodies from around this overheating globe. Set the controls for the heart of the eardrum!
On tonight’s “Island” in the middle of the show, we spin a couple of numbers from Brazilian Chico Bernardes’ latest album, a drifty and spaced-out acoustic guitar trip, a surprisingly minimalistic sound for something played on our show. Thanks to Mapache Records for help with this one!
- Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers - I Love Hot Nights
- Uzi Navon & The Experiences - Summertime
- Stavros Xarhakos - Parting
- Ronnie Von - Verão Nos Chama
- Chris Doerk & Frank Schöbel - Heisser Sommer
- Boom Pam - Ein Galim
- Chico Bernardes - Um Astronauta
- Chico Bernardes - O Espelho
- Of Montreal - Oslo In The Summertime
- Vainica Doble - Caramelo de Limon
- Young Knives - Weekends & Bleak Days (Hot Summer)
- Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - Paris Summer
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio